Run a Qualifier in Your Town
Thinking about running a USDGC Doubles Qualifier? You’ve come to the right place. Here’s how to get started.
Create an Event
First, organize a doubles tournament with 1 to 2 rounds of Best Shot format. The event does not need to be PDGA sanctioned.
- Format must be BYOP (bring your own partner)
All skill levels may play in the USDGC Doubles Qualifier, however only the top amateur division will be competing for an invite to the USDGC Doubles Main Event in Rock Hill SC on Oct. 2-4.
Next, Drop Us a Line
Send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your contact information
- The name, date, and location of the Qualifying Event
Qualifier Event applications are accepted Feb. 1 through Aug. 15.
All USDGC Doubles Qualifiers must be run by Sept. 1.
Once Approved You’re Off and Running.
Here are more Qualifier Details:
Registration at DGU
Qualifier Entry Fees
Entry fee is $30 minimum per team. Here’s how it’s broken down:
- $20 per entry goes to USDGC Doubles to cover a premium custom disc per player and trophy medals for the teams who qualify.
- $10 per entry stays with the event to use as you see fit.
Qualifying Event Player Packs
All players registered for the event are eligible for a USDGC Doubles Disc (custom stamped premium disc).
Contact us at least a week prior to your event to order player pack discs and trophy medals (for winning amateur team/teams). Payment for these items can be deducted directly from your DGU Registration funds to make this process quick and simple.
USDGC Doubles Main Event Invites
The number of USDGC Doubles Invites are based on the qualifier’s size:
- 0-14 teams = 1 team qualifies
- 15-24 teams = 2 teams qualify
- 25+ teams = 3 teams qualify
For more information contact us. firstname.lastname@example.org