Many USDGC fans look forward to the annual Fan Appreciation Day just as much as the USDGC itself. The chance to play the famed Winthrop Arena Course in Championship conditions – while the footprints of the game’s best are still fresh on the fairways – is a thrill for any disc golfer.
That tradition continues this year as well on Oct 11.
In the past, the only way you could secure a Spectator Round tee time was to purchase it in person at the USDGC Pro Shop. However, with no on-site Pro Shop this year due to COVID-19 restrictions, tee times can be purchased online through Disc Golf United.
1. Tee times will go on sale Wednesday, October 7th at 12:00 PM ET at Disc Golf United: (The item will be listed as "Out of Stock" until then).
2. Once the item is live, you will see that there are 24 tee time slots starting at 8 a.m. and ending a 2 p.m. Each slot has a maximum of five spots.
3. You may purchase one to five tee time spots within a slot. If you purchase more than one spot, you will be required to list the names of the other players joining you. Those names will be verified at the USDGC Gate.
Participants will be expected to follow the same COVID-19 related Guidelines as other events during Championship Week.
· Only registered participants will be allowed into the Winthrop Arena Course. Do not bring anyone who is not pre-registered.
· All participants will undergo a short health screening before entering the course.
· Facial Coverings will be required. Players will be encouraged to wear face coverings anytime they are not actively throwing shots.
Remember this course is meant to test the top disc golf pros. So when OB strokes start to stack up or multiple discs land in the water, shrug it off – you’re at Winthrop, a prized jewel in disc golf. Every round, even high scoring affairs, are more memorable at the Winthrop Arena Course.